Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 2, 2008

Choosing Automation tool for your organization

I am working on Search engine project for last 6 months and now I understood most of the functionality and search engine strategies.

When you work as a Manual tester then somewhere you feel to automate your work. Sometimes doing routine manual work bores you. So here comes the need of Automation.
So Automation is very helpful for the regression type of work, to avoid repeated manual work. Now I understood the need of Automation and I want to start with it, but from where shall I start is the big question.

Before starting the Automation of your project work you need to remember following points:

1. What is the type of my project? Is it a stand-alone project or a client – server project?
2. What is the size of my project? You can find size on various metrics like kilo line of code. 3. Is there repeated work in my project?
4. Time taken for My current Manual project testing
5. Error rate by Manual testing.

In next some posts I will discuss about the Advantage – Disadvantages of Manual and Automation testing, also the step-by-step process to automate your project work.

No comments: